Sunday 6 January 2008

Training towards the MdS 2010 - 2



Well, couldn't wait for my clean running clothes of yesterday to dry, so donned some skiing underclothes and a track suit, and set off. Never again. The track suit irritated me from the start, and the underclothes seemed to become saturated in sweat - no wicking potential!!!! - and within minutes I was not happy!!!!!! The Föhn was strong, and made running tiresome. I decided to quit whinging, and persevere - on the MdS, whinging is not an option, so why should I allow it here.

Good excuse, but my leg was still hurting, and my overall run was slower than yesterday's. Managed an average pace of 5:10/km, and covered 8,72 km. I noticed a discrepancy of 0,5 km and concommitant pace difference between the iPod/Nike+ and Garmin 305 - the latter displaying the more conservative values. Somehow, I trust the Garmin gadget.

I doubt if I will be running tomorrow - not only the leg pain, but the Föhn is expected to collpase, and cold, very wet weather is on its merry way to our neck of the woods 'til Monday. I shall spend the day reading and slothing.
Here is the graph of my pace for today's run - certainly not an elite runner's pace, but I am injured, after all - huge relived smile!!!!! The very slow bits are where I had to stop at traffic lights - annoying!!!!!!! To the right is anothere slow part - nose bleed!!!!! Not too sure about the two rather fast parts towards the beginning - don't remember sprinting.

No comments: