Wednesday 30 January 2008

The Best Laid Plans Of Mice And Men - 1

Whilst bollock-sweating in the sauna yestereve after gym, I decided to pass the time, by mentally planning my running events for the next year or so. Naturally, all is contingent upon my getting back into a full training programm once my leg is fully healed.

Plans, of course, are not necessarily cast in iron, so changes are very possible, two of the major factors in this respect being future injuries, and, of course, finances!!!!


Anyway, here goes:

2008

2nd March - Semi-Marathon de Paris - had to cancel because of the leg injury.
20th April - International Zürich Marathon - ditto.
26th April - Frühlingslauf, Thusis - Chur. 25 km.
10th May - Grand Prix Bern, Bern. 16 km through the town.
June - sometime in June, I plan to do a solo run of about 50 km from the north of Liechtenstein, along the Rhein, over St. Luzisteig, and back to Chur through the Bündner Herrschaft.

27th July - Königsschlösser-Romantik Marathon, Füssen, Germany. This will be my first full marathon, seeing as how Zürich in April is not to be for me. Also known as the King Ludwig Marathon. I know this area, and it is extremely picturesque, lying about a two-hour's drive from Chur.

August - sometime in August, I want to try a solo run, with rucksack and provisions, from Zürich back to Chur, a distance of about 125 km. I'd do it over two days, although I am already fantasising about trying it in one, even if I have to run late into the evening. Dreams, but we will see.

27/28th September - the Berlin Marathon. Apparently one of the best marathons in continental Europe, and highly recommended.

November - early November - Maratona Ticino in Locarno. I ran the half-mara in 2007, and would be keen to do the full one in 2008. Only problem is, that it's a double loop, and I am not too keen on that. Maybe I will just do the half-mara on this one.

14th December - 32. Zürcher Silvesterlauf in Zürich. 8 km through the city - a 4 x 2-km loop. Back to those loops again (!!!!), but it is a great run.

2009

March - Semi-Marathon de Paris - this time, I'm not missing it!!!!!!

April - International Zürich Marathon - ditto!!!!!

September - Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon in South Africa. 250 km, very similar to the Marathon des Sables. A must-do as a "gentle warm-up" for the MdS.

2010

March/April - FINALLY - the Marathon des Sables in the Sahara Desert of Morocco!!!!! This is the ultimate.

Of course, there will be other races and lots of training. Well, that's the plan. Now to put it in to action.

No comments: