Tuesday 12 February 2008

Training towards the MdS 2010 - 8

After several weeks of no training, I got back into it whilst in Carona. I actually stayed in our holiday house in the village until today, instead of the planned return on Saturday, and used the opportunity to run various routes along the shores of Lago di Lugano. It was absolutely beautiful. The weather was perfect, with brilliantly sunny skies and temperatures of around 14°C - couldn't be better for running.

I chose various routes, each of them around 10 to 12 km, and ran fairly moderately at all times. My Iliopsoas Tendinitis injury spot seemed to hold up to the running, although I did feel some tenderness after each run. I also did a lot of training at gym, and have made a point of working out my core muscles (obliques, abs, lower back), and stretching as well. I find that the Cobra stretching routine helps a lot with stretching the inner core muscles, and I hope this will stand me in good stead.

I arrived back home in Chur today around midday today (Monday), and find, that I am limping again - not badly, but noticeably - and this is very annoying. I'm still taking Ecofénac every evening before bed, and also bought some Ibuprofen down in Lugano, which I have started to take during the day. Something I was very aware of yesterday after my run, was, that as soon as I stopped running, my leg became stiff very quickly. Perhaps I need to increase my stretching exercises.

I read in one of my books on ultrarunning, that Glucosamine helps in joint and tendon management, and I bought a bottle of it from a chemist in Lugano. Coupled with all my other vitamins and minerals that I take on a daily basis, I am hoping, that this will be of benefit in my fight against the obviously-not-yet-over injury!!!!!

I'm not running today, or gymming for that matter, but hope to be back at it tomorrow. I really am getting very tired of all this, because all I want to do, is to get out there and start running long distances. Oh, my rucksack (New Balance) from Darbaroud arrived today by post, and I am dying to use it!!!!! It'll be good training for the MdS!!! I shall spend some time this evening doing good stretching exercises, with the hope, that this will give me the chance to be able to run well tomorrow.

No comments: